I have published eight collections of program notes, complete with backgrounds of the composers and the times in which their works were created, as well as listening observations/advice about the works themselves. There is also a short (84 page, and priced accordingly) general overview that, along with new sample articles, references which works and composers appear in which books. These are:
- Classical Music Insights: Understanding and Enjoying Great Music (2011)
- Operatic Insights: Understanding and Enjoying Great Music for the Stage (2012)
- More Classical Music Insights: From Mozart to Muhly and More (2013)
- Classical Music Insights: If All Else Fails, Play Mozart (2014)
- Classical Music Insights: Getting to Know Ludwig (2015)
- Classical Music Insights: A Star-Spangled Survey (2016)
- Classical Music Insights: Bach and Beyond (2017)
- Seasonal Music Insights: Vivaldi and Much More (2018)
- Classical Music Insights: Overview and Introduction (2018)
Each is available in paperback and also e-book form on Amazon.
On Barnes and Noble:
Here's a link to an impartial review of the first book listed:
The cover art for the first book, appearing above, was crafted for me by graphic artist
Wayne Rigsby of Gearbox Creative; Wayne has also done the covers for my other books.
If you would like to preview a table of contents for any of the books, please drop me
an e-mail. You'll find an address under Contact Me.